January 21, 2014—Work on migrating to the next-generation Digital Repository Service (DRS) is well under way, with several accomplishments including a major milestone since the November update:
- The new DRS is in use: On December 2, 2013, a digital image of Da zang jing (pictured above), a Tibetan Buddhist sacred book in the Rare Book Collection at Harvard-Yenching Library, was the first object deposited into the new DRS.
- The proposed plan for metadata migration was reviewed and well-received by a group of users at a meeting in December.
- A short-term metadata working group was convened to focus on a few migration-specific metadata issues.
Upcoming meetings include:
- An open meeting for DRS users about the migration plan: February 5, 10am, Lamont Library Forum Room
- A brown-bag luncheon about the technical challenges of migration: March TBA