Recent and upcoming project milestones.
A key takeaway from the open meeting was a comparison of the new DRS to the current DRS using the NDSA Levels of Preservation, a tiered set of recommendations organizations should aspire to in their digital preservation activities and infrastructure. The chart demonstrates that the DRS2 project pushed the DRS to a very advanced state—almost achieving the highest level (Level Four) in each functional area.
Upcoming project milestones include:
- Enhancements to the new Web Admin to support faceted browsing and bulk processing
- New opportunities for interaction between users and the DRS development team
- A session on the DRS metadata migration for remote users (March)
- A brown-bag to share the technical aspects of the metadata migration (April)
- An introduction to digital preservation and the DRS (Summer)
- More opportunities for training and instruction
Please contact the DRS Migration Team with questions or comments about migration to the new DRS.