In response to feedback from the library community, enhancements to the library staff directory will go live tomorrow, Tuesday, March 18.
A sneak peek of a staff member profile that incorporates new enhancements is pasted in below.
Tomorrow’s Library Update will include detailed instructions on how you can:
- Add a professional image to your profile
- Add a professional biography to your profile
- Add language proficiency to your profile
- Indicate an affiliation with multiple Harvard libraries
Other enhancements to the staff directory include:
- Ability to search the staff directory by languages and roles, in addition to by library, School, subject area, name and keyword
- More robust information on profile thumbnails
- Clickable email addresses (spambot prevention is now addressed on the back end)
- A link to the landing page of the staff member’s primary library in each profile
- Integration of the Request a Research Appointment functionality in the profiles of staff members who opted-in to this feature
- More granular School/unit/department information
These enhancements were guided by the Library Portal Working Group, which includes Mary Frances Angelini, DCE, Corinna Baksik, LTS, Jim Borron, HL, Annie Cain, HLS, Enrique Diaz, HCL, Sarah Dickinson, GSD, Tom Dodson, HL/HPAC, Kathleen Donovan, GSE, Paul Hanna, AS, Renata Kalnins, HDS, Kristin Koob, HKS, Barbara Meloni, HUA
Kira Poplowski (Chair), HL/HPAC and Clayton Scoble, PCDI.
Please contact me or Tom Dodson, web developer, with any questions.
Director of Communications, Harvard Library