April 29, 2014—Since the March update, enhancements to the DRS Web Admin to support faceted browsing of search results and bulk processing (download, deletion and recovery) have been put into production. A screenshot of new faceted browsing feature is above.
Additional recent accomplishments include:
- A targeted meeting on the migration was held March 31 with distance users from Dumbarton Oaks, the Center for Hellenic Studies and the Biblioteca Berenson at Villa I Tatti.
- The Office of Scholarly Communications began depositing DASH electronic theses and dissertations into the new DRS for preservation.
Upcoming milestones and events include:
- The migration of Tier 1 (color profiles, target images, PDF documents and ESRI world files) is planned for early May.
- Two new user groups to contribute to DRS testing and training and a series of demo meetings to get early feedback from users on new development will be established.
- A brown bag to share the technical aspects of the metadata migration (May 9, 12-1, Room 021 90 Mt. Auburn) will be held.
- There will be more opportunities for training and instruction.
If you have any questions or comments about migration to the new DRS, please contact the DRS Migration Team.