Please see below for important reminders about the Aleph EOFY rollover process.
For more information, see: End of Fiscal Year Information - 2014
Aleph end of FY procedures are scheduled to begin on June 30, 2014 (Monday) at 6:00 p.m. The Aleph system will remain in operation but NO activity involving 2014 Aleph budgets should be done after 5:00 p.m. on June 30 (Monday). This includes placing or canceling orders that have been assigned budgets as well as any invoice activity. You will get an error message ("You are not authorized to use budget code …") for most but not all functions that change budget records. Please do not perform any functions that involve budgets even if appears that the system will allow you to do it.
Please note the following:
- Staff authorized to move orders should not do any moving during the rollover process
- The last batch of EDI invoices for FY2014 will load on Friday, June 13. EDI invoice loads will resume on Wednesday, July 9.
- OIS will stop loading orders on Monday, June 23 and will resume loading orders on Tuesday, July 8.
The rollover process
At 6:00 p.m. on June 30, 2014 (Monday), we will begin running a series of batch jobs which will shut down 2014 budgets and open 2015 budgets. These batch jobs will do the following:
1. Open annual budgets for 2015
2. Transfer encumbrances for monographs from 2014 to 2015 budgets
3. Renew encumbrances for serials (based on previous year’s encumbrance)
4. Renew encumbrances for standing orders (based on previous year’s encumbrance)
5. Transfer remaining balances from 2014 to 2015 budgets (for all except Budget Type UU Unrestricted Undesignated)
6. Mark 2014 budgets as non-active (NA)
We cannot be sure how long it will take but we expect that all work, including production of budget summary reports, will be finished by Wednesday, July 2. We will send a message to hlcomms when the process has been completed and work involving budgets can resume. Setup procedures for FY15 budgets will vary from unit to unit – please wait for instructions from your financial office before using FY15 budgets.
Two Budget Summary Reports will be provided as part of the rollover process. The first will be a final report of 2014 budgets as they appear before the rollover process has begun. The second will be a report of 2015 budgets once the rollover process has been completed. These reports will be made available on the Aleph Acquisitions Budget Reports website.
Note that the 2014 budgets will remain available in Aleph for problem resolution. We will eventually weed Non-Active budgets from the system but that work is not yet scheduled.
Please send questions about the rollover process or any other acquisitions activity via the Aleph Support Center.