HOLLIS Persistent Links provide durable links to HOLLIS records (from Aleph). Links displayed in HOLLIS records have been updated to contain these new links.
Why should I use HOLLIS Persistent Links?
- Previous HOLLIS links were different depending on the system used.
- These new Persistent Links will always resolve to the Harvard Library's primary catalog.
- You can add persistent HOLLIS links to a LibGuide, or to records in VIA, OASIS or HGL.
How does it work?
- HOLLIS Persistent Links resolve to the catalog record in HOLLIS (AquaBrowser)
- When HOLLIS+ becomes the Harvard Library's primary catalog, the persistent link will resolve to the catalog record in HOLLIS+ (Primo)
Where can I find a HOLLIS Persistent Link for an item?
- Find the record in HOLLIS
- copy the URL in Link to this Record: http://id.lib.harvard.edu/aleph/008303611/catalog
- Find the record in Aleph
- copy the 9 character Aleph System Number, e.g. 009993662
- Insert the Aleph System Number into the following formula: http://id.lib.harvard.edu/aleph/[ALEPH System Number]/catalog
- The resulting link would be: http://id.lib.harvard.edu/aleph/009993662/catalog
- Display of persistent links in HOLLIS+ will be implemented when it becomes the primary catalog.
When is this happening?
- Persistent links to HOLLIS records are available now.
- Persistent links are currently limited to Aleph records.
- We will add support for other data sources (VIA, OASIS, etc.) over time.
- Persistent Links to HOLLIS Classic are not planned.