Accumulating Snow Likely Late Saturday into Early Sunday
Accumulating snow is likely across much of Southern New England from late Saturday into early Sunday. Here are some highlights with the finer details to be determined over the next day or two.
- A period of moderate to heavy snow likely Saturday night into early Sunday.
- Preliminary snowfall forecast is for 6+ inches possible northwest of the Boston to Providence corridor. Southeast MA and the south coast could see up to 6 inches of snowfall before a changeover to a wintry mix.
- Roads will become snow covered with travel becoming difficult Saturday night.
- Snow overspreads the region Saturday afternoon.
- Heaviest precipitation looks to occur Saturday night into early Sunday.
- All precipitation should begin to taper off Sunday morning with much improved weather by Sunday afternoon.
This event is still two days away and the coastal storm hasn't formed yet. Thus, this forecast will likely change somewhat between now and then. We will continue to monitor the forecast and provide updates as the storm approaches.