The countdown is on!
HOLLIS+, the beta version of our new Primo search and discovery system, will be released to the library community on July 15.
HOLLIS+ will allow you to find and access articles, books and more in one simple search!
HOLLIS Classic is here to stay! HOLLIS+, however, will replace HOLLIS (AquaBrowser) after the second implementation phase in December 2014.
The HOLLIS+ Outreach Team has planned many opportunities for learning more, and will kick it off with open meetings:read more
Tropical storm Arthur is brewing with the potential to impact Boston this weekend, so please make sure that you have done all that you can to protect the Harvard collections:
- review the Hurricane Preparedness page at http://library.harvard.edu/sites/default/files/HLPS_hurricanes.pdf
- update the information recorded in your library collections emergency plan (for assistance with plan specifics go to http://library.harvard.edu/preservation/emergency-preparedness-plan), and
- inventory library collections emergency supplies and restock as needed (for a list of recommended supplies go...
Please note that the Harvard Depository will be closing early—at 3:30 pm—on Thursday, July 3, with the facility remaining closed throughout the Fourth of July weekend. A sizable backlog of HD retrieval orders is expected to accumulate over the long holiday weekend. HD courier delivery service will resume on Monday, July 7. All pending retrieval requests will be pulled, prepared for transport and delivered by the end of day.
Due to the anticipated large volume of orders requiring fulfillment on Monday, the Depository plans to extend its delivery service into the afternoon hours on Monday, which should ensure full delivery to all clients, with retrieval orders being filled in the sequence outlined below:
- All retrieval requests submitted before 1:00 pm...
HOLLIS Persistent Links provide durable links to HOLLIS records (from Aleph). Links displayed in HOLLIS records have been updated to contain these new links.
Why should I use HOLLIS Persistent Links?
- Previous HOLLIS links were different depending on the system used.
- These new Persistent Links will always resolve to the Harvard Library's primary catalog.
- You can add persistent HOLLIS links to a LibGuide, or to records in VIA, OASIS or HGL.
How does it work?
- HOLLIS Persistent Links resolve to the catalog record in HOLLIS (AquaBrowser)
- When HOLLIS+ becomes the Harvard Library's primary catalog, the persistent link will resolve to the catalog record in HOLLIS+ (Primo)
Where can I find a HOLLIS...read more
July 1, 2014—If, as Picasso said, the purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls, the spirit of Information & Technical Services (ITS) staff members at 625 Mass. Ave. just received a little spring cleaning. A staff art show, now in its tenth cycle, was recently mounted and will run through the summer.
Photographs, written work and a sculpture line the walls of their building’s bright and sunny atrium, which also serves as the break room. Seven artists answered the open call for submissions, and anything goes—in the past, knitting, collages, mobiles and paintings were shown. “It’s very broadly diverse and we’ve been encouraging people to think outside the box,”...read more