Library Collections Emergency Team
The Library Collections Emergency Team (LCET) is on call 24 hours a day to provide advice and assistance during and in the immediate aftermath of emergencies that threaten or affect Harvard Library collections.
- 24-hour advisory assistance by cell phone (617) 240-2500 in emergencies involving library collections
- Direct assistance with response and salvage in cases involving more materials than can be recovered by the local library staff or other complicating factors
- Access to library-owned freeze-drying equipment (limited capacity is available)
- Recommendations for commercial disaster recovery services
- Coordination of services with University Operations Center
- Emergency preparedness, planning, and response information
- Training workshops
Full-time conservators and preservation librarians in Preservation Services in the Harvard Library.
- LCET iSite (access restricted to team members)
Priscilla Anderson, Senior Preservation Librarian, Weissman Preservation Center, Harvard Library
Lauren Telepak, Collections Conservator, Collections Care, Harvard Library