Find information on Human Resources, Finance, Project Management, Operations, and Staff News and Events.
The Office of Human Resource Services supports the Harvard Library’s talented employees who actively shape the development and cultivation of knowledge and pedagogy at Harvard and within the broader scholarship community.
The Programs, Projects and Operations team exists to ensure potential projects and approved projects are managed in a considered, predictable and transparent way.
A basic toolkit, which is designed to be tailored to the needs on an initiative, is provided to help people get started with operational change projects, and new technology related projects here. (password protected).
Programs and projects are undertaken to ensure the Harvard Library delivers useful and innovative changes to users of the library and the people who work in them. The team focuses on five areas of activity:
- Aligning programs and projects with the foundational and transformational strategies of the Library and taking on the right sets of work at the right times.
- Getting the job done – through disciplined use of simple tools we ensure projects are managed and reported on to accomplish the goals of a project and to ensure project partners are well informed throughout.
- Promoting project management excellence – by paying attention to the methods used and the competence needed to deliver on projects well and promoting the training and experiences needed by staff.
- Learning – by ensuring project debriefing sessions take place at key milestone points and ensuring lessons learned are widely shareable.
- Decision-making – Providing the information necessary for governance groups to make well informed decisions.
For additional information, please contact the Library Programs and Projects team:
jim_borronharvard [dot] edu (Jim Borron), Senior Program Manager
ceilyn_boydharvard [dot] edu (Ceilyn Boyd), Senior Project Manager
conroylaw [dot] harvard [dot] edu (Cathy Conroy), Head of Library Operations and Special Projects
david_downsharvard [dot] edu (David Downs), Senior Project Manager
The Finance Office supports the Library by providing accurate information that assists decision-making, maintaining the integrity of finance systems and completing financial transactions in a timely way.
Financial Policies and Process Documents
Harvard Library Staff News & Events
Visit the frequently-updated Library Staff News page for updates from Vice President Sarah Thomas, staff accomplishments, Library events and projects and general announcements. Go to Staff News page...
The Operations department oversees the day-to-day office administration of the Harvard Library Held-in-Common organization. This includes working with organizations like HUIT (for computers and telecom), Harvard Real Estate Services, and others to plan, implement and maintain systems and processes that ensure that the Harvard Library runs smoothly.