Mission: The Harvard Library advances scholarship and teaching by committing itself to the creation, application, preservation and dissemination of knowledge.
The Harvard Library Board approved strategic objectives for the Harvard Library in spring 2013. The strategic objectives are to:
- Implement a Harvard Library collection and content development strategic plan in support of University-wide research, teaching and learning for today and the future.
- Enable effective access to the world of knowledge and data through intuitive discovery, networks of expertise and global collaborations.
- Deliver innovative and programmatic support for learning and research in partnership with faculty and other research and pedagogical support organizations.
- Steward vulnerable and critical research information in partnership with academic and administrative functions across the University and beyond.
- Support a robust professional development network in a learning organization for library staff to achieve the strategic initiatives and the mission of the Harvard Library.
In July 2014, the Library Leadership Team finalized strategic priorities and projects for FY15.