March 16th Update
- All FAS library locations, as well as GSD, HDS, HGSE, HLS, HMS, and HKS are closed completely. Affiliates of HBS should check the school website for updated information.
- Borrowing print materials has been suspended until further notice. Items will no longer be requestable in HOLLIS. BorrowDirect and interlibrary loan have also been halted for the time being.
- Access to Harvard University Archives and special and non-circulating collections, including Houghton Library, will not be available until further notice.
- Due dates for borrowed items are being extended. Please keep any library materials you have for the time being.
The changes in library services are following guidance from Harvard University, as well as city and state officials.
Connect with us online
- Looking for immediate help from our staff? Library staff members are available via chat during posted library hours.
- To find answers to commonly asked questions and ask your own, use Ask a Librarian.
- Faculty and teaching support staff can check out our guidance on Teaching in Virtual Classrooms with Harvard Library.
- Students and researchers can check out our Remote Learning Resources.
- At this time, some publishers are making their content freely available, learn more in our guide to COVID-19 Open-Access Resources.
Related Library News
Recent statements from Harvard Library Vice President, Martha Whitehead:
- An Update of Changes on Campus as Pandemic Spreads (3/18/2020)
- Library Spaces Closed, Print Circulation Suspended Due to Coronavirus (3/16/2020)
- Many Library Buildings Close; Materials Remain Accessible to Harvard Community (3/13/2020)
- Harvard Library’s coronavirus policy updates (3/10/2020)
- University Coronavirus Updates and Messages