About The Workshop
Upper case, lower case, points and fonts. They have a long and interesting history!
Discover how printing was done from the middle of the 15th century until well into the 19th in a series of workshops open to all Harvard affiliates.
In each 2-hour, hands-on session participants will learn about the history and technology of moveable type and set type themselves. Then, using the iron handpress in the Houghton Library Printing Room, print a keepsake to take away with them.
The workshop series is taught by Hope Mayo, Lecturer for Houghton Library.
Register For A Workshop
All workshops present the same content. Enrollment in each workshop is limited to eight. To register, click on the date.
Spring 2020 semester workshop dates:
- Tuesday, February 18, 3-5 pm
- Wednesday, February 19, 3-5 pm
- Thursday, February 20, 3-5 pm
- Friday, February 21, 3-5 pm
- Tuesday, March 24, 3-5 pm
- Wednesday, March 25, 3-5 pm
- Thursday, March 26, 3-5 pm
- Friday, March 27, 3-5 pm
- Tuesday, April 21, 3-5 pm
- Wednesday, April 22, 3-5 pm
- Thursday, April 23, 3-5 pm
- Friday, April 24, 3-5 pm