Harvard Alert-Thayer and Emerson Hall are cleared and students may return. Sever and Sci. Center are still closed. Updates to be posted at harvard.edu/emergency.
Dear Harvard community members:
As you learned from the MessageMe alerts this morning, the Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) received an unconfirmed report that explosives may have been placed in four buildings on campus: the Science Center, and Thayer, Sever and Emerson halls. Out of an abundance of caution, the buildings have been evacuated while the report is investigated by the HUPD and the Cambridge Police Department.
Access to Harvard Yard has been restricted to Yard residents with Harvard IDs As of the writing of this message the report remains unconfirmed and the HUPD has no reason to believe there is a threat to any other site on campus
Harvard's focus is on the safety of our students, faculty and staff. We will continue to update the community via MessageME and through messages posted at...read more
Accumulating snow is likely across much of Southern New England from late Saturday into early Sunday. Here are some highlights with the finer details to be determined over the next day or two.
- A period of moderate to heavy snow likely Saturday night into early Sunday.
- Preliminary snowfall forecast is for 6+ inches possible northwest of the Boston to Providence corridor. Southeast MA and the south coast could see up to 6 inches of snowfall before a changeover to a wintry mix.
- Roads will become snow covered with travel becoming difficult Saturday night.
- Snow overspreads the region Saturday afternoon.
- Heaviest precipitation looks to occur Saturday night into early Sunday.
- All precipitation should begin to taper off Sunday morning with...
Harvard College Library (HCL) staff gathered in Lamont Library’s Forum Room on December 11 for “Tea’s the Season,” the latest tea party in a series hosted to bring together colleagues from across campus. Read the full story.
Most Harvard libraries will have limited hours during Harvard's winter break. Most online library systems and services will remain available through the winter break, although there are some exceptions:
Requests for Harvard Depository items must be submitted by Monday, December 23, 2013 by 6:40 a.m. to guarantee arrival before Winter Recess. Any requests submitted after 6:40 a.m. on Monday, December 23, 2013 will be delivered on January 2, 2014.
Get It: Borrow Direct, Scan and Deliver, and Interlibrary Loan requests submitted between December...read more