What is Qualitative Data?
Does your research seek to understand the opinions or experiences of people? Qualitative data is gathered from sources like interviews, questionnaires, focus groups, participant observation, open-ended surveys, and recordings.
We offer resources, software training, and general support to help you plan a qualitative research project and collect, analyze, and share qualitative data.
Qualitative research support is open to all students, researchers, faculty and staff at Harvard interested in using qualitative software and in qualitative research generally.
- Workshops on topics like interview skills, using NVivo, and preparing for qualitative fieldwork
- One-on-one consultations
- Customized workshops for classes, by faculty request
- Qualitative Data Analysis (QDA) software support
- Assistance locating and accessing primary source qualitative data and methodological texts
- Assistance preparing your data for analysis, including optical character recognition (OCR) with ABBYY FineReader and transcription with Express Scribe and Otter.ai
Ready to analyze your data?
Qualitative Data Analysis (QDA) software packages assist in managing the process of analyzing qualitative data. We can help you find the right tools for your research.
Software packages include:
- Express Scribe