Looking for personalized guidance for your research? Curious about resources in your area of study? Library liaisons can help you make the most of your research at Harvard Library.
Find your Liaison
We're here to help! Answer a few quick questions, and we'll connect you with the library liaison who can help you with class assignments, research, and finding exactly what you need at Harvard Library.
What can we do for you?
Whether you’re working on a homework assignment, deep in a multi-year project, or just getting to know the libraries, we're here for you.
- Let us help you navigate Harvard Library (both physically and virtually) and connect you with the resources you need.
- Attend our workshops on topics like working with HOLLIS, using citation tools, and visualizing data.
- Talk with us about providing tailored library instruction for your class.
- Sign up for a research consultation for individualized support of your research project.
- Collaborate with us on creating online materials to support your instruction and research projects.
Library Liaisons by Subject Area
Liaisons are experts in a variety of subjects. Use the list below to find the right one for you. (If you're at a professional school, please contact your library directly.)
- African and African American Studies Sue Gilroy
- American Studies Fred Burchsted
- Anthropology Susan Gilman
- Art, Film, and Visual Studies Jessica Evans Brady
- Astronomy Katie Frey
- Astrophysics Katie Frey
- Human Evolutionary Biology Mary Sears and Susan Gilman
- Integrative Biology Mary Sears
- Molecular and Cellular Biology Mary Sears
- Neurobiology Mary Sears
- Organismic and Evolutionary Biology Mary Sears and Gretchen Wade
- Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology Mary Sears
- Systems, Synthetic, and Quantitative Biology Mary Sears
- Celtic Languages and Literatures Ramona Crawford
- Chemistry and Chemical Biology Tina Helt
- Classics Steve Kuehler
- Comparative Literature Odile Harter
- Computer Science Robyn Rosenberg
- Earth and Planetary Sciences Michael Leach
- East Asian Studies Reed Lowrie
- Economics Diane Sredl
- Engineering and Applied Sciences Robyn Rosenberg
- English Odile Harter
- Environmental Science and Public Policy George Clark
- Folklore and Mythology Ramona Crawford
- Germanic Languages and Literatures: Please contact Ask a Librarian with questions.
- Government Kathleen Sheehan
- History Fred Burchsted
- History and Literature Steve Kuehler
- History of Art and Architecture Shalimar Fojas White
- History of Science Fred Burchsted
- Inner Asian and Altaic Studies Mary Frances Angelini
- Linguistics Emily Coolidge Toker and Jess Cohen-Tanugi
- Mathematics Michael Leach
- Middle Eastern Studies Emily Coolidge Toker and Sarah DeMott
- Music Liz Berndt-Morris
- Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations Emily Coolidge Toker and Sarah DeMott
- Physics Marina Werbeloff
- Political Science Kathleen Sheehan
- Psychology Kathleen Sheehan
- Regional Studies—East Asia Reed Lowrie
- Regional Studies—Russia, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia Svetlana Rukhelman
- Religion Reed Lowrie
- Romance Languages and Literatures (French and Italian) Odile Harter
- Romance Languages and Literatures (Spanish and Portuguese) Anna Assogba
- Slavic Languages and Literatures Anna Rakityanskaya
- Social Studies Sue Gilroy
- Sociology Kathleen Sheehan
- South Asian Studies Ramona Crawford
- Statistics Michael Leach
- Theater, Dance, and Media Steve Kuehler
- Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Sue Gilroy
Library Liaisons by Program
- Harvard College Writing Program Sue Gilroy
- General Education: Please contact Ask a Librarian with questions.
- Freshman Seminars Sarah DeMott
- First Year Student Librarians Lee LaFleur
- Extension School Mary Frances Angelini and Jonathan Paulo