This collection contains about 200 posters dating from 1919 to the 1990s. Included are:
- Pro-literacy posters from the early Soviet period
- World War II propaganda posters
- Several bound poster collections from the postwar era lampooning NATO, Western capitalism, and religious belief
- Poster collections from the 1980s proclaiming the dangers of drugs and alcohol
- Poster sets from the late Soviet period commemorating Lenin's life and Soviet participation in World War II, among other events
- Four Boris Yeltsin presidential campaign posters from the 1990s
- Miscellaneous anti-war posters
- Reprints of pages from the newspapers Izvestiia and Pravda
Accessing These Materials
The collection record in HOLLIS includes a detailed description of the collection. A complete inventory is also available from library staff.
This collection is available for in-library use only. Please contact the Fung Library to request access.