Harvard's newest library, we support research, learning, and teaching at the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS).
- Collaborative study space
- Terrace access
- Designated quiet areas
- On site librarian
Regular SEC building hours are Monday-Friday 7am to 7pm. If you have key card access to the building beyond these hours, you are welcome to use the SEC Library in the evenings and on weekends.
Accessibility of the SEC Library
- The SEC Library is located inside the Science & Engineering Complex (SEC) Building and is open 24/7 for SEAS affiliates, for non-SEAS affiliates the building is open 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday.
- The SEC Building’s main entrance is at 140 Western Ave. (Stadium Rd. is the cross street) and is the closest entrance to the elevators. The SEC Library is on the second floor. All entrances to the SEC Building are accessible via automatic doors and ramps where necessary.
- The SEC Library has seven study rooms. If you need assistance with a study room please contact Robyn Rosenberg, SEC Library 2.315.
- The SEC Library has a variety of seating options including several wheelchair accessible desks.
- The SEC Library doesn’t have a restroom, but the Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) provides a list of all gender-inclusive restrooms in SEAS buildings on both the Cambridge and Allston campuses.
If you would like to request accommodations or have questions about the physical access to the book lockers, please contact Julie Petzold, email@example.com, in advance of your visit to the library.