How Can We Help?
We're a cross-functional group offering workshops, regularly scheduled remote office hours, and consultations on all manner of media work.
Visit our Virtual Media Lab, where you can:
- Access a variety of resources on podcasting, making videos, virtual reality, 3D modeling, and more
- Check out our programming calendar and attend monthly events, special demos, and workshops
- Join our Slack workspace and share cool stuff you find or make, ask questions, and see what other folks are getting excited about
- Generally mess around and have a lovely time
What we offer:
- Training on Zoom, Canvas, and Panopto Find out about the virtual programs you're using for class.
- Get Started Creating Media Learn about story development, project planning, script writing, storyboarding, and determine your equipment needs.
- Podcasting 101 From finding inspiration to editing and publishing a podcast, learn the basics of making podcasts and using audio.
- Immersive Design: Concept-to-print workflows using virtual reality Explore immersive design and learn how to fabricate physical outputs from virtual materials.
- Data Visualization Workshop Series Learn about design principles, Tableau, RAWgraphs, and more.
- Adobe Premiere Discover how you can use Adobe Premiere for storytelling and video editing.
- Copyright, Fair Use, & Protecting Your Work Learn about fair use and copyright as it pertains to media you use and create.
- Audacity Find out how to use Audacity to edit your podcasts and audio recording projects.
Virtual Media Lab
Looking for online resources on podcasting, making videos, virtual reality, or 3D modeling? Interested in attending virtual workshops or demos? Have questions about how other members of the Harvard community are using media? The Virtual Media Lab is here to help you further develop your skills, share your work, and meet other folks who are interested in all things media.