How Can We Help?
We're a cross-functional group offering workshops, regularly scheduled remote office hours, and consultations on all manner of media work.
Looking for remote help with video, podcasting, AR/VR, visualization, or other media? Our staff of media experts are here to help you.
Fall 2021 Remote Help Hours (Eastern Time)
- Sunday: 10pam - 10pm
- Monday through Friday: 9am - 10pm
- Saturday: 11am - 10pm
- In a different time zone? We can also schedule meetings at a time that's convenient for you.
What we offer:
- Training on Zoom, Canvas, and Panopto Find out about the virtual programs you're using for class.
- Get Started Creating Media Learn about story development, project planning, script writing, storyboarding, and determine your equipment needs.
- Podcasting 101 From finding inspiration to editing and publishing a podcast, learn the basics of making podcasts and using audio.
- Immersive Design: Concept-to-print workflows using virtual reality Explore immersive design and learn how to fabricate physical outputs from virtual materials.
- Data Visualization Workshop Series Learn about design principles, Tableau, RAWgraphs, and more.
- Adobe Premiere Discover how you can use Adobe Premiere for storytelling and video editing.
- Copyright, Fair Use, & Protecting Your Work Learn about fair use and copyright as it pertains to media you use and create.
- Audacity Find out how to use Audacity to edit your podcasts and audio recording projects.
Virtual Media Lab
Looking for online resources on podcasting, making videos, virtual reality, or 3D modeling? Interested in attending virtual workshops or demos? Have questions about how other members of the Harvard community are using media? The Virtual Media Lab is here to help you further develop your skills, share your work, and meet other folks who are interested in all things media.