Welcome to the Media Studios
Located on the lower level of Cabot Science Library, our two self-service media studios have everything you need to easily make high-quality audio and video recordings. You can take your video files with you on a USB drive after you finish recording.
- Grey and green screen backgrounds
- Overhead or rear view camera perspective
- Completely controllable through a Crestron touch screen
- A ceiling microphone
- Additional mics
- Studio lights
Before booking a media studio you must complete a 30-minute training session. Drop-in Trainings are offered Mondays through Fridays between 10am-12pm or by appointment, Mondays through Fridays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a training time.
You can check the media studios calendar for booking availability.
When you're ready to make a reservation, email email@example.com at least one week in advance with the following information:
- Which studio you would like to book
- A short description of your project
- Preferred dates and times for use
- Setup requests and special technological needs
Media Help Hours
Cabot's media studios are largely self service. Student media consultants are available to help during the academic year.
- Monday through Thursday: 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Drop-in tours are also available during the academic year Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
Things to Know
- Media Studios are available for all members of the Harvard community to use.
- Food or beverages are not allowed in the studios.
- Rooms may be reserved for a maximum of two hours at a time.
- Reservations for consecutive, concurrent, or recurring meetings are not permitted.
- The reserver takes full responsibility for loss or damage to equipment, cables, cameras, furniture and all other items in the studio. Fines will be assessed by Harvard Library for any damage detected, and can be levied up to one month after the reservation is completed.