Looking to turn columns of data into a compelling story? Interested in talking through a data visualization assignment for the students in your class? Want to polish an ugly graph before submitting your paper for review? Visualization support is here to help.
What can we help you with?
We’re here to help members of the Harvard community incorporate visualization techniques into their coursework, research, or teaching. We can help you at any stage of the process — from brainstorming and storyboarding to exploring your data and teaching you how to use a specific tool.
We'll help you incorporate design principles and insights on visual perception to improve your charts, infographics, and interactive web displays. Our goal is to give you what you need to create powerful visualizations that boost the impact of your work.
Services We Offer
We're here to help and offer a variety of different formats for visualization support. Until further notice, all visualization support is virtual via Zoom.
- Consultations: Need help with a project or have a more in-depth question? We offer one-on-one consultations for anyone in the Harvard community. Make an appointment
- Workshop Series: Attend one of our regular workshops to learn about popular visualization methods and techniques. See below for upcoming workshops
- Custom Workshops: We can create a custom workshop geared towards students in a particular class or with a specific assignment. Plan a workshop
- Tools & Equipment: We’re based in the Lamont Media Lab and have the space and tools to help with your data visualization projects. Visit us
- Email Help: Have a quick question? Shoot us an email and we’ll do our best to help. Email us