HOLLIS Special Request (previously AEON) is where you can manage two types of requests:
- Reading room requests: Requests to view special collection items in a specific library reading room
- Photoduplication requests: Requests for digital and print reproductions of library materials
You can begin either type of request by locating an item in HOLLIS and then clicking the "View in library" link, or by signing into your account and manually filling out the reading room request or photoduplication request form.
The first time you use the system you'll be prompted to create an account. You do not need a Harvard ID to create an account.
Your account allows you to track your current and past requests. You can also create draft requests and save them until you're ready to visit the library to view the materials.
Special Request handles photoduplication requests for all library materials, and reading room requests for materials from:
- Andover-Harvard Theological Library
- Arnold Arboretum
- Botany Libraries
- Fine Arts Library
- Harvard Film Archive
- Harvard Map Collection
- Harvard-Yenching Library
- Houghton Library, including the Harvard Theatre Collection
- Law School
- Loeb Design Library
- Loeb Music Library
- Museum of Comparative Zoology
- Tozzer Library
- Widener Library - European Languages Division, Judaica Division, Middle East Division