HOLLIS Special Request is where you can manage two types of requests:
- Reading room requests: Requests to view special collection items in a specific library reading room
- Photoduplication requests: Requests for digital and print reproductions of library materials
Things to know
- The first time you use the system you'll be prompted to create an account. You do not need a Harvard ID to create an account.
- To make a request, locate the item you'd like in HOLLIS and click "Request to Scan or Visit"
- You can also sign into your account and fill out the reading room request or photoduplication request form.
- Your account allows you to track your current and past requests.
- In your account you can create draft requests and save them until you're ready to visit the library to view the materials.
Special Request handles photoduplication requests for all library materials, and reading room requests for materials from:
- Andover-Harvard Theological Library
- Arnold Arboretum
- Baker Library
- Botany Libraries
- Countway Library
- Fine Arts Library
- Gutman Library
- Harvard Film Archive
- Harvard Map Collection
- Harvard University Archives
- Harvard-Yenching Library
- Houghton Library, including the Harvard Theatre Collection
- Law School
- Loeb Design Library
- Loeb Music Library
- Museum of Comparative Zoology
- Tozzer Library
- Widener Library - Americas, Europe, and Oceania Division, Judaica Division, Middle East Division