Enter the Libraries Aren't Just About Books Poster Contest for a chance to win free large-format printing! See the submission guidelines and learn how to enter.
Need to print something big?
The Lamont Multimedia Lab's large-format printer can create prints on heavy paper up to 41 inches wide or photo paper up to 36 inches wide. Both options can be printed up to 100 feet long.
Large-format printing is available to all Harvard ID holders, 7 days a week during regular term hours:
- Monday through Friday: 9am to 9pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10am to 9pm
The cost of printing is $2 per square foot of the image on heavy paper or $5 per square foot of the image for photo paper.
We only accept Crimson Cash or 33-digit department billing codes for payment. For 33-digit codes, please use object code (digits 9-12) 8531.
Classes wishing to make use of the large format printer should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with planning and scheduling.
Enter the Libraries Aren't Just About Books Poster Contest
In celebration of the launch of the large-format printing service in the Lamont Library Media Lab, we're sponsoring a poster contest. The theme of the contest is: Libraries aren't just about books. Take a look at this!
A panel of librarians will judge the submission and choose three winners deemed most creative in design and informative in response to the theme.
- First Prize: $100 credit to use for large-format printing from the Lamont Media Lab
- Second Prize: $75 credit to use for large-format printing from the Lamont Media Lab
- Third Prize: $50 credit to use for large-format printing from the Lamont Media Lab
Prizes are redeemable through May 30, 2020.
- You must be a currently enrolled Harvard University undergraduate or graduate student.
- All entries must contain the theme statement text as part of the content: Libraries aren't just about books. Take a look at this!
- The content of posters can contain photographs, drawings or any kind of image(s), text and/or graphics as long as they are not in violation of copyright.
- Cite your sources when you submit your entry. If the entry uses your own original photography, graphics, images or other work, you should cite yourself.
- Poster files should be a minimum of 4000 pixels on the long edge, preferably larger (no upper limit). Acceptable file types are PDF and JPEG.
How To Submit
Deadline for entries is March 1, 2019 at 5 pm EST.
Winners will be announced on March 25, 2019.
Winning entries will be displayed in Lamont Library.
Submit your entries by using filetransfer.harvard.edu to upload and send a .pdf or .jpg file to email@example.com. Entries should include:
- “Poster Contest” in the email subject line
- Your name and class year
- Citations for any sources you may have used in your entry
- You must also digitally sign the contest consent form to finalize your entry