Harvard ID holders can access The Washington Post for free — either by logging in using Harvard Key or setting up an account using their Harvard email address.
Free access with Harvard Key
You can access The Washington Post for free by visiting the site via the link below. You'll be asked to verify your Harvard Key.
Set up your own free account
You can also set up a personal account for free, using your Harvard email address. You will not need to log-in to Harvard Key.
- Visit the Washington Post signup page
- Enter your Harvard email in the Sign up box and follow the prompts to set up a new account
- Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner
- Click My Post
- Click Manage Account on the right hand side
- Click Send verification email. If you don't receive an email, be sure to check your Spam or Quarantine folder
- Once you've verified your email, click Subscription & Billing tab
- Click Activate free digital access
Other Ways To Access The Washington Post
The library subscribes to several different collections of content from The Washington Post, providing access back to 1974. Find the one that meets your needs.
Trouble logging in?
Call The Washington Post customer care line at 1-800-477-4679